A cyber-sleuth has found another list of potential free DLC names buried in the data of Cyberpunk 2077. According to u/Saint-Pirate, this is what they found when digging around in the game’s files, different than the list that was supposedly from the Epic Games Store a while back, one that was denied by CDPR as being the names of free DLC back then.
This list? The names are a bit more cryptic, though some have obvious implications. Here’s the new list, which contains 17 items (for reference, The Witcher 3’s free DLC had 16 items). My translations, as best I can make them, are next to them.
1) dlc1_swp – Possible “Smart” weapon pack
2) dlc2_jposes – Likely additional poses for photo mode
3) dlc3_kab01 – Likely Kabuki Market gig
4) dlc4_quartz – Possible new car(s), the Quartz is an existing car
5) dlc5_jackets – Likely additional clothing
6) dlc6_apart – Possible apartment customization
7) dlc7_pwp – Possible “Power” weapon pack
8) dlc8_mirror – Possible additional poses for the mirror, or maybe a way to alter your appearance at last
9) dlc9_arr06 – Likely Arroyo gig
10) dlc10_monster – Not sure, maybe they’re adding a literal boss monster to the map somewhere. Or it could be like a Monster Truck you can buy.
11) dlc11_jlook – Not sure, possibly the ability to change your look. If it’s similar to “jposes” it could be something for photo mode.
12) dlc12_mfinish – Likely melee finisher animations (The Witcher 3 got these)
13) dlc13_twp – Possible “Tech” weapon pack
14)dlc14_arr12 – Likely Arroyo gig
15) dlc15_ngplus – Very clearly New Game Plus, which I hope comes with higher difficulty settings
16) dlc16_jpn06 – Likely Japantown gig
17) dlc17_bwp – Possible “Blunt” weapon pack
That’s the best analysis I can provide at the moment, and most of these do track with what I was expecting from “small” Cyberpunk DLC, given that The Witcher 3 kind of already gave us a roadmap. In total, this would be four gigs, four weapons or weapon packs, new cosmetics like clothing and poses, possibly a way to change your look, new cars and then New Game Plus, something all games should probably just have at launch, but I suppose in this case, a way to grind out additional skill points perhaps and utilize some of these free updates.
One thing missing? The rumored sixth skill area that has been replaced with a “Relic” logo in the menu. One of the leaked Epic DLCs was named “Relic” and that empty slot has been looking suspicious since launch. Not sure if anything here could reference that, but nothing jumps out at me.
I guarantee you that people are going to be mad that this DLC is paltry when it arrives, but technically this was supposed to be just like free bonus stuff that arrived soon after launch, like it did with The Witcher, but the fixes delayed it an impossibly long time. Further leaks indicated that “Episode 1 and Episode 2” DLC is still planned for down the line.
More to come.
Subscribe to my free weekly content round-up newsletter, God Rolls.