Valve has rolled out a brand new Steam consumer that overhauls the obtain web page and storage supervisor.
The newly designed downloads web page options “new implementation” that has been “visually redesigned for readability and ease of use”, making it far more user-friendly.
Here is the science bit, courtesy of Valve:
- When a sport/replace is actively downloading it’ll now show the whole development accomplished for the obtain or replace. Beforehand the progress bar would solely show the downloading content material progress however not the disk allocation course of which might make an replace to seem accomplished when it was not.
- Any partially accomplished downloads/updates in queue now will present a pale progress bar and per cent accomplished subsequent to it to obviously show its present state.
- A brand new (i) icon subsequent to the sport’s title will reveal a tooltip displaying the varieties of content material that’s included in that replace. Sorts encompass: Sport Content material, Downloadable Content material, Workshop Content material, and Shader Pre-caching. This icon solely seems if the replace just isn’t solely sport content material.
- The obtain queue is now totally reorderable utilizing drag and drop.
- The context menu for the actively downloading merchandise now contains an choice to launch the sport when the obtain is full and an choice to droop obtain throttling (if enabled) at some stage in that obtain.
- The “View Information” button is now a “Patch Notes” hyperlink that may open an overlay to the newest related patch notes for the sport. It will solely show for video games which have entered patch notes into the brand new occasion system. The patch notes hyperlink will solely present up on updates, not recent installs. For workshop updates, a web page of subscribed gadgets ordered by replace date could be accessed by choosing “View Up to date Objects” from the context menu.
There have additionally been adjustments to tooltips, making them far more informative, plus tweaks to storage administration now allow gamers to mount library folders on read-only drives and allows you to see every drive individually. You may even see at a look what sort of content material you will have put in, as every drive is damaged down into particular person classes: video games, DLC, workshop, and the ever-helpful catch-all, “different”.
For the total information on the replace – which is offered now – head on over to Steam.
In different Steam information, Chinese language gamers sad with the inclusion of the Tibetan flag in Life is Strange: True Colors have begun review-bombing the game on Steam.
Regardless of sitting on an general aggregated rating of “Very Optimistic” critiques, Chinese language gamers have just lately been hammered the RPG with damaging critiques due to an in-game Tibetan flag.