Valve has rolled out a brand new Steam consumer that overhauls the obtain web page and storage supervisor.
The newly designed downloads web page options “new implementation” that has been “visually redesigned for readability and ease of use”, making it rather more user-friendly.
This is the science bit, courtesy of Valve:
- When a sport/replace is actively downloading it would now show the entire development accomplished for the obtain or replace. Beforehand the progress bar would solely show the downloading content material progress however not the disk allocation course of which might make an replace to look accomplished when it was not.
- Any partially accomplished downloads/updates in queue now will present a light progress bar and per cent accomplished subsequent to it to obviously show its present state.
- A brand new (i) icon subsequent to the sport’s title will reveal a tooltip displaying the sorts of content material that’s included in that replace. Sorts encompass: Recreation Content material, Downloadable Content material, Workshop Content material, and Shader Pre-caching. This icon solely seems if the replace shouldn’t be solely sport content material.
- The obtain queue is now absolutely reorderable utilizing drag and drop.
- The context menu for the actively downloading merchandise now consists of an choice to launch the sport when the obtain is full and an choice to droop obtain throttling (if enabled) during that obtain.
- The “View Information” button is now a “Patch Notes” hyperlink that may open an overlay to the latest related patch notes for the sport. This may solely show for video games which have entered patch notes into the brand new occasion system. The patch notes hyperlink will solely present up on updates, not contemporary installs. For workshop updates, a web page of subscribed gadgets ordered by replace date will be accessed by choosing “View Up to date Objects” from the context menu.
There have additionally been adjustments to tooltips, making them rather more informative, plus tweaks to storage administration now allow gamers to mount library folders on read-only drives and allows you to see every drive individually. You possibly can even see at a look what sort of content material you have got put in, as every drive is damaged down into particular person classes: video games, DLC, workshop, and the ever-helpful catch-all, “different”.
For the complete data on the replace – which is out there now – head on over to Steam.
In different Steam information, Chinese language gamers sad with the inclusion of the Tibetan flag in Life is Strange: True Colors have begun review-bombing the game on Steam.
Regardless of sitting on an total aggregated rating of “Very Constructive” opinions, Chinese language gamers have lately been hammered the RPG with damaging opinions due to an in-game Tibetan flag.