The best games are co-op games, and one of the best features of Steam is Remote Play, which turns local co-op games into online co-op games through the power of internet magic.
This week brings Steam Remote Play Together 2024 Fest, a mouthful that means there will be discounts and demos for co-op games on the digital storefront.
I find myself revisiting Severed Steel a lot. It’s an incredibly fast-paced and frenetic movement FPS that I’ve talked about a lot on PCGamesN, and the team at Greylock Studio keeps adding great updates. First, it was improved ragdoll physics, then dual-wielding weapons, and now you can add any music you want into the game while you play. I suddenly have the urge to play Toxic by Britney Spears while bouncing off walls and shooting guys in slow-mo. Oh, it’s also 80% off on Steam to celebrate.
Despite plenty of launch issues on PC, the PlayStation-published Helldivers 2 is having an astoundingly good day-one launch. With the highest concurrent player count of any PlayStation game released on Valve’s storefront after mere days, the jump from the first to second Helldivers reminds me of what Hopoo Games did with Risk of Rain 2, and the change in approach has worked incredibly well for both.
Usher‘s new album, ‘Coming Home,’ has taken up residence at a familiar address: #1.
Peruse of the Worldwide iTunes chart shows ‘Home‘ holding its summit position less than 24 hours after first hitting digital shelves.
The rise to the top of the global real-time sales tally comes as the result of the project’s dominion over the respective iTunes charts of the United States,
From the Facebook group “Mandela Effect Glitch In The Matrix.” This account was forwarded to me by my researcher friend C. Radu:
“I have come across several accounts of people who say that on the evening of January 27, 2024, something strange happened in the world, as if there was a “slip” of time globally. Several people say that time “dissolved” for several hours. Was it a secret experiment? Here’s the original post (from January 28, 2024) that started it all:”
“I swear me and my boyfriend lost time last night. I got home around 9:15pm with food, I know the time because I texted my boyfriend at 8:41 asking what he wanted from Wendy’s. I was hungry and ate as soon as I came home while reading the FB news tab. Next thing I know, my boyfriend is freaking out because it’s 12:10 AM and he’s saying there’s just no way that much time passed. He had been downstairs in the kitchen cleaning a little bit from a mess he made earlier. Then I’m also freaking out because I’m still eating my food. I know I eat slowly, but not that slow!
It’s so freaking weird and I can’t explain it. There’s no way I would have spent that much time reading news headlines and maybe skimming a few articles. FB news doesn’t even have that much news lol. He definitely wouldn’t take 3 hours cleaning the kitchen. It’s tiny and all he had to do was run the dishwasher and wipe the counter.
It was 12:10 AM when it should’ve been 10 PM at the absolute latest. I would’ve been eating really cold food if it took me 3 hours to finish it. It was just a cheeseburger and medium fries. What’s even more crazy is I had a frosty that wasn’t even melted. It was just like it always is after maybe 20 minutes, just a little bit melted right around the top. How would it not be completely melted if it was sitting out for 3 hours? I’m stumped. Never had anything like this happened before, and it happened to both of us. We kept talking about it because we were both so shocked. We don’t use any substances and we don’t drink either, so we were completely clear-minded and fully aware. Has anyone else had this happen before?”
These comments followed the post:
* “Happened to me tonight! I relaxed after preparing dinner. I checked my emails, mostly deleting junk, and looked at my watch. It was 20:33 and we were going to watch a family movie. Then I took a shower and went out, and it was 00:18! I didn’t even wash my hair! My child and fiance told me that time seemed to “fly by.”
* “I went into the kitchen last night around 20:30 to get some popcorn and put on a movie. I remember looking at the clock. I watched 2 episodes of my show which are only about 45 minutes each (no commercials) and I came back to the kitchen and it was almost 12:30?!? I live alone and I actually said out loud “What the hell!?” I live in Canada near Toronto (Ontario).”
* “I’m in the UK and had a very similar thing happen to me last night with very oddly close timing! I am absolutely amazed! For me it was 20:45, then suddenly 30 minutes later it was 00:20!”
* “The same thing happened to me, in the same time frame, on Saturday evening, January 27, 2024, between 20:30 and 00:15. I live in North West Australia. I believe there is at least a 12-hour time difference between the United States and Western Australia. I don’t know how/why these weird time slips occur, but this isn’t the first time I’ve noticed this.”
* “I seriously wonder if anything happened in our time zone last night! I live in Massachusetts. I texted two friends at the same time, the last message being around 8:40pm. I watched a movie with my husband and daughter, and I thought it was strange that both friends didn’t answer me. Then I woke up a little after midnight to my phone notifications about 6 times, all of which were replies from my two friends. I spoke to them this morning and told them it was so strange that they responded at the same time so many hours later; both insisted they responded immediately shortly after 8:30 p.m.”
* “This is so weird because I just looked through all my messages from last night (January 27th) and couldn’t find any between 20:00 and 00:00. All my conversations stopped suddenly, but after midnight they started again. I remember being on the phone almost constantly last night.”
“These are just a few messages, but many have experienced something like this. What follows from all this? On the evening of January 27, 2024 (Saturday), some people apparently experienced a time “slipping” phenomenon, as if time completely disappeared for 2-3 hours. Interestingly, electronics (mobile phones) were also affected, so it cannot be said that it was only a psychological phenomenon, on a mental level. What happened then? Was a scientific experiment done in the greatest secrecy? Has time travel or teleportation been attempted, which also affected our physical reality? Because it seems that the phenomenon has affected the whole globe, from the USA to Great Britain and Australia.” C. Radu
TODAY’S TOP LINKS
Your financial support of Phantoms & Monsters and our other pursuits is much appreciated. Please click the banner above. Thanks.
Contact us by email or call the hotline at 410-241-5974
This blog and newsletter are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Work 3.0 United States License.
Registered trademark PHANTOMS AND MONSTERS ® / PHANTOMS & MONSTERS ® – USPTO #90902480 – Lon D. Strickler
© 2005-2024 Phantoms & Monsters – All Rights Reserved