- Devitt is a motorcycle industry insurance specialist based in London.
- The company’s roots stem back as far as 1936.
- They are currently the largest privately owned business in their industry, with over 120,000 customers.
Devitt Insurance is a London-based motorcycle industry insurance specialist, whose company roots date back as far as 1936. The firm began when Howson Foulger Devitt started an innovative scheme which allowed riders to buy their bike and insurance on the same day, meaning they could ride their vehicle away fully covered.
The company has spent the years since insuring motorbikes, trading under different owners including household names Churchill and RBS, but is now the largest privately owned motorcycle insurance specialist in the UK.
Devitt has over 120,000 customers and has worked with some of the UK’s most successful brands, including BMW, BikeSafe, and The Salvation Army. Devitt works with leading UK insurers only, including Aviva, Axa, and LV.
Based in their office in Romford, the Devitt team are 130 employees strong, and describe themselves as a tight-knit bunch. They are motorcycle enthusiasts and feel this helps them know what their customers are looking for. They even provide motorcycle training for staff who are looking to take to the wheels! It’s no wonder this company has thrived for as long as it has.
How does it work?
On the Devitt website, it’s incredibly easy to get an insurance quote thanks to its online system. Customers simply enter a few details about their motorcycle for an instant quote, but there’s also the option to retrieve a previous quote, make a claim, renew existing insurance, or request a call back from the team.
Devitt pride themselves on their customer service, and their simple yet thorough website reflects their commitment to quick and straightforward service. Within a matter of minutes and a few clicks, you can obtain an insurance quote from the UK’s leading insurers. You can even access an agreed value form, upload documentation easily, and cancel your insurance online if you choose to.
Customers can also sign up to the Keep Britain Biking newsletter and keep up to date with Devitt’s in-house blog for the latest in motorcycling. Mobile users should fear not, as their website works seamlessly across the devices.
More from Business
- Over Three-Quarters of Businesses Risk Major Financial Blow Due to Bad Hires
- UK’s Medium Businesses Say Tech is Key to Unlocking Economic Growth
- Businesses are Losing Out in the Skills Shortage due to Poor Quality Hiring Processes
- Become Fast-Paced & Adaptable: Five Ways to Improve Digital Experiences in Your Workplace
- 7 in 10 Hybrid Workers Concerned the Energy Crisis Will Impact Cost of Working From Home
- Employees are Willing to Quit Jobs Over Weak Climate Action
- Secretive GCHQ Funded Company, TurgenSec Acquired
- Common Mistakes Companies Make When Implementing Digital Transformation Strategies
What do customers say?
Devitt tops the Trustpilot charts when it comes to motorcycle insurance specialists. With over 18,000 reviews and rated 4.4 for excellence, customers applaud Devitt for their great insurance cover, affordable rates, and dedicated customer service. Staff are described as being efficient, friendly, and knowledgeable. Their tech is praised too, with the insurance website being applauded for its user-friendliness.
Do they offer anything extra?
Perhaps surprising given its reputation for motorcycle insurance, the company also offers car insurance quotes. It’s super easy to use the website to obtain a quick quote, or you can call the Devitt team (the number is all over the website – you can’t miss it!). Devitt’s car insurance benefits include up to £2,500 personal accident cover, 90 days European cover, and a free courtesy car during repairs.