SCORES of people were stricken with severe food poisoning after filming of a MasterChef episode.
Forty-four who ate the seafood banquet fell ill.
Contestants on Spain’s version MasterChef saw 44 people come down with food poisoning after they tucked into a seafood banquet[/caption]
Contestants on Spain’s show prepared the menu with top chef Rakel Cernicharo for 120 staff at Valencia aquarium.
The episode was filmed in January and screened on Monday night.
One of the workers hit by vomiting and diarrhoea tweeted: “I had to go to the ER. I lost five kilos in three days.
“Thank you MasterChef for the worst gastronomic experience I have ever had in my life.”
Among items used for the banquet were oysters, clams, mussels and algae.
The Ministry of Health is investigating.
Show producer Shine Iberia said: “We are very sorry for the indisposition expressed by some of the diners.
“This is an absolutely exceptional case.”